On Wednesday evening, 23 May 2018, at our Teaching Service, our Spiritual Dad, Pastor Darrel Scheffers, ministered on the key to stable faith. See the notes below.
The Key to Stable Faith:
“Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself.”
“22 The next day the crowd that had stayed on the opposite shore of the lake realized that only one boat had been there, and that Jesus had not entered it with his disciples, but that they had gone away alone. 23 Then some boats from Tiberias landed near the place where the people had eaten the bread after the Lord had given thanks. 24 Once the crowd realized that neither Jesus nor his disciples were there, they got into the boats and went to Capernaum in search of Jesus.
Jesus the Bread of Life
25 When they found him on the other side of the lake, they asked him, “Rabbi, when did you get here?”
26 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. 27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”
28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”
29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.””
- One of the most dangerous places to be when you’re being elevated by God, is around people.
- When God elevates us we must withdraw ourselves from people, so that we don’t forget the God that elevated us.
- Jesus knew that they were seeking Him so desperately is because of what they could get from Him and not because of who He is.
- If you have accepted Jesus because of the acts He can do for you, then you’ll never have stable faith.
- It’s important to ask yourself this question, “Why am I looking for Jesus?”
- My motivation for seeking Him should never only be for the acts.
- Don’t have faith in the seed, have faith in the seed giver.
- Will you still praise God in the storm? What is your motivation for serving God?
- Jesus has already reconciled us with the Father through His blood.
- Sometimes we want a free life from Christ.
- When things happen in your life your faith is tested.
Your faith is only as strong as the test that it survived.
- If there was no test you would never know how strong your faith is.
- You’ll always go through the same test if you don’t pass it.
- Never have faith in the seed, but have faith in God.
- Sometimes God doesn’t answer in the way we want Him to.
- Don’t put your faith in the activities of God.
- When you play with faith, fear will rock up.
- Faith is what God uses to bring forth what you believe.
- God’s kingdom is strong and nothing can move it.
- You can not manipulate God.
- If your faith is in your voice or your skill, God will remove you.
- Your flesh is very strong. Don’t play with it.
- The greatest thing that we can do is believe in Him.
- God is more after your motive of wanting to serve Him than you just serving Him.
- The only way we know that we believe in God is by what we do.
We trust that this Word has been a blessing to you. Stay tuned for more powerful teachings from the Word of God.