On Wednesday evening, 6 June 2018, at our Teaching Service, Pastor Terence Kelly started on a new series called, “The End of Times”. The first topic for the series was the Rapture. See the notes below:
The End of Times: The Rapture
- The season is and time is ripe for the rapture to take place.
- God works in patterns, sequences of events.
- We need to expectant and ready for rapture to take place at any moment.
- Only those who live faithful lives towards the Father will make it.
- We must work on our salvation and walk out righteousness.
- 25% of the Bible are prophecies.
- There are two schools of thoughts regarding the rapture: 1. The rapture will take place before the second coming of Christ. 2. The rapture will take place after the second coming of Christ.
- We believe that the rapture will take place before the second coming of Christ. See our reasoning for believing this truth below:
““Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.”
- Jesus has gone to prepare a place for me. It is ready.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
“16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.”
1 Corinthians 15:51-57
“51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- The rapture is a private event. The second coming of Jesus will be public event. Everyone will be able to see it.
Note the following about the rapture in 1 Thessalonians 4:16
- The dead in Christ will rise first.
- Living believers will be translated. Our hearts must be prepared and we should live for God.
- We will meet the Lord in the air.
- Encourage each other with these words. (The above mentioned scripture.)
- Second coming – Jesus will place His foot on the mountain.
- Before the second coming of Jesus, Satan will be completely lose. God’s wrath will be poured out.
- The rapture needs to take place before the second coming of Christ, because God needs to deal with Israel and those opposing them without His children being in the way.
- Everything that God is doing, He’s doing for Israel.
- The rapture is eminent. You cannot pray it away. It must happen because it’s in the Word of God.
- 1 Revelation 1 – 3: The church is only referred to in the first three chapters of Revelation.
- The church is not appointed to wrath.
1 Thessalonians 1:10
“and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.”
1 Thessalonians 5:9
“For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
“Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.”
“while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,”
- It is important that we abide by the calling of God.
- Don’t sit still and wait for the rapture to happen. We need to carry on as if He is not coming now, but our expectancy is that He is coming now.
- The anti-Christ is anyone who opposes Christ. The devil has someone ready all the time because he doesn’t know when the rapture will take place. Satan’s person has to be ready all the time.
2 Thessalonians 2:7-8
“7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.”
- There is a blessed hope in Jesus appearing.
- You have to work hard at your salvation.
- The church has to be taken out so that the anti-Christ can be revealed.
1 Corinthians 3:16
“Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?”
- The Holy Spirit inside of me is keeping the anti-Christ away. The church is a powerful force.
- After seven years of wrath and tribulation God will destroy the enemy with one breath.
1 Corinthians 6:19
“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;”
Comparisons between the Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ
Rapture: 1 Thessalonians 4
- Jesus will appear in the air/heavens.
- Jesus comes as the Deliverer.
- Jesus comes for the Church.
- Jesus comes with love and compassion.
- Jesus comes as the Bridegroom.
The Second Coming of Christ: Revelation 19
- Jesus will return to the earth.
- Jesus comes as the Warrior.
- Jesus comes with the Church.
- Jesus comes with wrath and vengeance.
- Jesus comes as the King of kings and Lord of lords.
We trust that this teaching has been a blessing to you. Stay tuned for more powerful teachings from the Word of God.