On Sunday morning, 27 May 2018, Pastor Darrel Scheffers ministered on the importance of understanding what the Blood of Jesus has done for us. Read more in the below:
The Blood did it!
1 Peter 1:18
“18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.”
- God can and wants to restore us through His Blood.
- God is thinking of me and He loves me unconditionally.
- Peter, is a prime example of what happens when God restores us through His Blood.
- When Jesus saved us, He already made provision that we would fall along the journey.
- We have to understand that at some point we are going to fall. Stop pretending that everything in your life is perfect.
- Stop trying to impress people.
- The Bible is a book that gets people saved, and keeps them saved.
You might have fallen into sin, but you have not fallen from GRACE!
- God’s Grace is sufficient for us. He loves us.
- John 20 & 21
- Stop living your life as if you have never failed. Thank God for your Chapter 21, just like in John 21.
“32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.””
- When you have been converted, you have to strengthen your brothers.
- You cannot do it all by yourself.
- The God that saved you, will keep you.
- Pride comes before the fall.
- Sometimes you’re saved, but you’re lost.
- When you get saved, people will have certain expectations on you, and you’ll have to deal with the expectations that you’ve placed on yourself too.
- Many times when you miss the mark, it’s harder to forgive yourself, because you cannot turn back time.
- We were born with expectation.
- We struggle with expectations because we’ve been born into disappointments.
- Stop judging God to the scrutiny of your family.
- Often times our expectations of the future has to go subjectively through the past.
- When our expectations are raised and we don’t experience it on the level we want to, we reduce it to the level that it is at.
- Sometimes when we pray we don’t always expect God to answer because of our past experiences, and then we no longer trust anyone.
- To women, who have been hurt: When you try to protect yourself by closing yourself off from men, you won’t be able to experience the complete love of God.
- Everyone will, at some point in their lives, need someone.
- Jesus was sold for 30 pieces of silver so that we could be bought with the Blood of the Lamb.
- We must allow the Holy Spirit to make the Word alive in our hearts.
- When you fall, it is not the time to backslide and have a pity party. You need to get into the Word and remind yourself that you are the righteousness of God. A righteous man fall, but he gets back up!
We trust that this message has been a blessing to you.
Stay tuned in for more powerful teachings from the Word of God.