Acts 1:4, KJV
“And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.”
- When Jesus gives a command, He doesn’t give us an option.
- Wait for the promise.
- We cannot live this Christian life without the Holy Spirit.
- I cannot think for a moment that I can live without the guidance of the Holy Spirit. = BIG MISTAKE.
- The Father is resting now. Jesus is at the right hand of the Father. The Holy Spirit is here, working on the earth and we have to work with the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit is a person.
- There are two kinds of churches operating on the earth today.
- What is the condition of the church today?
- The sleeping church. Church that just wants comfort. The church that doesn’t want to offend anyone.
- The remnant of the Supernatural Church.
- Non-offensive church.
- Seeker friendly church. Only say things to please people.
- It is a full, but powerless church.
- There’s no move of God in this church.
- People compromise their convictions.
- If we could do everything ourselves we wouldn’t need the Holy Spirit.
- We can’t renew our minds without the Holy Spirit.
- Information without revelation will just puff you up.
- Only the Holy Spirit will bring you to a place of commitment.
- The Holy Spirit brings the softness and compassion of God to be able to deal with sensitive issues.
- There’s some stuff that’s above our comprehension to handle and that’s why we need the Holy Spirit.
- Non-offensive churches are there to please people, not God.
The truth being preached will always offend you.
- The truth will always challenge you.
- Truth cuts where it hurts. It cuts death out. Truth cuts deep to get rid of the tumor where the healing should take place.
- Truth offends because it pierces, opens up and releases the puss.
- We cannot negotiate with the truth.
- It’s God way, and no other way.
- A sleeping church can not discern because there’s no Holy Spirit that brings conviction.
- You must recognize when someone does something good or does well.
Galatians 1:10, KJV
“For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.”
- If I seek to please men, I should not be a servant of God.
- Just because you haven’t played for a long time doesn’t mean that you can’t play. The same applies to our prayer lives.
- When the Holy Spirit comes into your life you will begin to make a different sound.
- Seeker friendly people want me to laugh with them all the time even when they do wrong.
- You have to have a change of mind and walk in a different direction after repetence.
- A seeker friendly church turns a blind eye when they see you going down the wrong path.
- You must have so much restrain that you can protect someone while they are healing.
- Before you confide in someone ask them if they have a problem with their mouth first.
We trust that this teaching has been a blessing to you. Stay tuned in for more powerful teachings on the Word of God.