On Sunday morning, 19 August 2018, at our Celebration Service, Pastor Darrel ministered on the importance of remaining under the authority and being accountable to the Holy Spirit. See the notes below:
I am under Christs’ Authority
- God gave man dominion. Jesus gave us authority.
“26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.””
- Very plainly stated, God put man in charge.
- God first put things in place (set instructions) before He put Adam in charge.
- There will be fruitfulness, multiplication and replenishment when you’re under God’s submission.
- God first wants to teach us how to listen and obey the instructions.
- When God gives you something, it’s yours.
- When God gives you something He will never ever take it away, no matter what you do.
- I have a choice of whether I will honour God with the gift He has given me.
- The world listens to a man or woman with a gift.
- You can’t just pray without operating in the gift that God has given you.
- You cannot have power without authority.
- Somebody in authority always stands under somebody with authority.
- If you don’t stand under authority, you’ll think that every decision that you make is the right one.
- The only reason you can sin is the moment when you stand before the sin and choose to walk away from authority and do your own thing.
- Don’t purposefully walk away from the authority.
Where are you now I’m relation to your authority?
- Satan doesn’t stand under authority. Even though all the angels reverenced satan, but he only took 1/3 of them down with him.
- The fruit/apple is cheap in comparison to the blessing.
- Very strong demons (most of these operating really strong in the church): Pride, sexual immorality, money, work and commitment.
- You have to learn how to shut these doors of demonic activities.
- You are committed to the things that you are passionate about.
- You cannot stand under authority and still sin willingly.
- We must make things happen for our father and mother.
- When we look after our spiritual parents there will be a breakthrough in the spirit for your house.
- Whatever you do in secret will be revealed in the open.
- A man under authority stands on the shoulders of a man in authority.
- There are certain foods that will make you sin. There are certain foods that will make you rebellious.
- Anything that destroys the body, harms the thinking.
- When you eat well, you think better. The Bible declares that we have the mind of Christ, so whatever harms the mind is sinful.
- We must look after our bodies.
- Stay under authority.
- The praise changes when you step under authority.
- When sin comes into a church, it kills the church.
- We must step back under God’s authority.
- Get rid of the secret plans and games.
- There are certain things that can limit the growth and flow of the power of God.
- There is great responsibility that comes with being blessed.
- You cannot perform any task without submitting.
- The only way you can backslide is when you walk away from authority.
- Even though you pray, you must think. We have to have the mind of Christ.
- Don’t eat of the fruit that’s not yours.
- Do what you do to the best of your ability.
- Your gift will make room for you.
- Not everything that is required is easy.